Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Dutch cooking today - A nice Dutch recipe book

Over the Holiday season I found a really nice book: Dutch cooking today.

Written in English, this book includes many great colour photos and a lot of the old favourite Dutch recipes, including:

  • Dutch apple pie
  • Speculaas cookies
  • Hutspots
  • Uitsmijter
  • Dutch pea soup
I think this recipe book was written for two types of readers:
  1. Expats living in the Netherlands, who want to learn how to cook some traditional Dutch recipes while they live here and want to find things to do with the limited range of food available in supermarkets.
  2. Someone considering moving to the Netherlands who wants to know what "traditional Dutch food" really is.

I can't find the book on Amazon, but here's a comparison page for other online book stores:

http://boeken.beslist.nl/boeken/d0000476667/Dutch_cooking_today.html

2 comments:

Andie said...

Hello Sarah. I found your blog quite by accident whilst looking for a recipe for or an online shop to buy what I always think of as "Dutch mayo" - the peculiar stuff that is served on frites when you buy them in cones. I used to live in Scheveningen when I was a kid and I have never managed to get rid of the craving for the stuff. Have you any ideas that could help? Good blog, by the way - I've enjoyed going through it.
Andie
andie@excite.co.uk

Victel said...

That book looks hideous. I hate Dutch food lol. I want to know where to buy all the stuff I miss from back home.